Salient features of the scheme
- Arogya Bhagya scheme in Karnataka State was launched on 1st Aug 2002.
- 149 quality care hospitals empanelled under the scheme across the state.
- Hospitals which are recognized by the Govt. under Karnataka Government Servants (Medical Attendance) Rules 1963, willing to be empanelled under ABY and fulfills the prescribed criteria only are empanelled.
- Scheme is operated under Karnataka Police Health Welfare Trust headed by the DG & IGP as Chairman of the Trust.
- Scheme is implemented & administered by an outsourced nodal agency.
- Gazetted employees contribute Rs.110/- per month since 1.4.2012. Earlier it was Rs. 50/- per month.
- Non-Gazetted employees contribute Rs.100/- per month since 1.4.2012. Earlier it was Rs. 40/- per month.